Carpal Tunnel and Common Hand Problems
- Patients with certain kinds of hand pain and carpal tunnel symptoms
- Twice a month
Length of appointment
- Two to two and a half hours
Number of participants
- Eight to ten male and female patients
- This appointment will start with an introduction by the head nurse and occupational therapist. Then you will see a 12-minute video describing common hand problems. After the video, you will have a chance to complete nerve conduction studies, which help diagnose carpal tunnel syndrome, and have a private hand exam with Dr. Kerrigan. After all patients have had their exams, you will return to the group to discuss surgical and nonsurgical treatment options. If you wish, you can have some treatments on the same day as your appointment, avoiding another trip to DHMC; others can be scheduled for another time.
- View common hand problem videos.