- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Choosing Your Treatment (39 minutes) Last update 2010
This program is for men with lower urinary tract symptoms thought by their doctors to be due to benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). It helps viewers understand BPH and the benefits and risks of the various treatment options: watchful waiting, drug treatments, surgical treatments, and minimally invasive therapies.
- Treatment Choices for Prostate Cancer (Booklet only) updated 2010
This booklet is for men with early stage prostate cancer (cancer that does not appear to have spread beyond the prostate gland) who are making a treatment decision.
- Hormone Therapy: When the PSA Rises after Prostate Cancer Treatment (37 minutes) Last update 2010
This program is for men who have a rising prostate-specific antigen (PSA) level after their prostate cancer has been treated with surgery or radiation, but who do not have other evidence that their cancer has spread beyond the prostate.
- If you wish to borrow materials from our Decision Aid Library to help you with a personal medical decision, stop by our offices, call (603) 650-5578 or email us.
- If you do not have access to a DVD player at home call (603) 650-5578 or email us to schedule an appointment to view the program at the Center.
- If you are a Dartmouth-Hitchcock clinician interested in incorporating the use of decision aids into practice, please call (603) 650-5578 or email us.
- Other clinicians interested in making these decision aids available to patients should contact Health Dialog.
- If you are a researcher interested in the Foundation for Informed Medical Decision Making's funding programs, please visit Information for Investigators.