Great Issues in Medicine and Global Health Symposium
The overall goal of the Symposium is to engage our general and professional communities in discussions about environmental health threats and how they might personally address these problems. At the end of this Symposium, participants in different target audiences will be able to:
- discuss human health implications resulting from climate change on global oceans;
- debate critical issues in coastal environmental management that are affecting marine life;
- describe how health disparities result from environmental mismanagement of air and water resources;
- identify the leading environmental toxins that affect children and adolescents; and,
- describe the research of the Children’s Environmental Health and Disease Prevention Research Center at Dartmouth as well as other centers supported by the Environmental Protection Agency.