Great Issues in Medicine and Global Health Symposium
The overall goal of the Symposium is to engage our general and professional communities in discussions that lead, ultimately, to individual or collective action about the eighth Millennium Development Goal – maximizing global partnerships for the development of under-resourced countries and communities. At the end of the Symposium, participants from different target audiences will be able to:
- describe the concept of health as a human right;
- discuss methods for advancing global partnerships to improve health in under-resourced countries and communities;
- identify methods to make essential drugs accessible through partnerships with Pharma;
- debate ways to work with private sector companies to increase access to new technologies;
- describe the role and power of local and global Nursing partnerships; and,
- discuss opportunities to promote fair trade.