Pancreas Education Day
Saturday January 7, 2012
7:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
Organization: Gastroenterology and Hepatology
If you or a loved one is affected by pancreatitis or pancreatic cancer and want to find out more about these diseases, mark your calendar to attend this free event.
Registration is required because space is limited. Breakfast and snacks will be served.
- 7:30-8:00 Breakfast and Registration
- 8:00-8:15 Welcome and pancreas basics
Timothy Gardner, MD, Gastroenterology
- 8:15-8:30 What is pancreatitis?
Stuart Gordon, MD, Gastroenterology
- 8:30-8:45 Managing pain in chronic pancreatitis
Gil Fanciullo, Pain Management
- 8:45-9:00 Surgery for pancreatitis
Kerrington Smith, MD, Surgical Oncology
- 9:00-9:15 Question and Answers
- 9:15-9:30 Health Break
- 9:30-9:45 What is pancreatic cancer?
Marc Pipas, MD, Medical Oncology
- 9:45-10:00 Chemotherapy for pancreatic cancer
Margit McGowan, DO, Medical Oncology
- 10:00-10:15 Radiation therapy for pancreatic cancer
Baseem Zaki, MD, Radiation Oncology
- 10:15-10:30 Surgery for pancreatic cancer
Thomas Colacchio, MD, Surgical Oncology
- 10:30-10:45 Question and Answers
- 10:45-11:00 Health Break
LIVING WITH PANCREATIC DISEASE
- 11:00-11:15 Nutrition in pancreatic disease
Jeannine Mills, RD, Nutrition
- 11:15-11:45 How palliative care can help
Ira Byock, MD, Palliative Care
- 11:45-12:00 Question and Answers
- 12:00-12:15 Closing
Timothy Gardner, MD
Registration is free. Please fill out the online registration form.
If you have questions about this event, please call (603) 650-6472 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event will be held at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Auditoriums E and F.